Quick and Healthy Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Chicken. Vegetables. Rice. How can it get any better than that?!
My husband lovingly refers to this as “stir fry.” It is his favorite recipe and I swear he asks me to make it once a week, which is fine by me because this recipe is quick, yummy, and healthy! It’s a triple threat!
As with most of the things I cook, this is not my original recipe. You can view that here, but I have made a few changes to make it my own.
I also want to note that I use pre-bagged chicken in this recipe. Since this is a natural living, minimally processed blog, I want to clarify why I do this. The truth is… I can’t cook chicken. I have never in my life been able to successfully cook chicken from scratch. I never promised to be perfect. We all have to make compromises in our life and this is one of mine.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
You Will Need:
- 3 cups prepared long-grain brown rice
- 16 oz pre-cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium head broccoli florets
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 4 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 tsp paprika, divided
- Cook your rice according to package directions. Set aside for now.
- Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Chop all your veggies.
- In a large bowl, toss with 2 Tbs olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, and 1/4 tsp paprika.
- Place the veggies on a large baking sheet or sheet pan and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, add the diced chicken to the same bowl you used earlier. Toss with 2 Tbs olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, and 1/4 tsp paprika.
- Remove the veggies from the oven, place your chicken on top of the vegetables, and cook for another 2 minutes until chicken is heated through. Vegetables will be charred.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
What’s your favorite weeknight go-to meal? Let me know below in the comments!
Like this post? Pin it to Pinterest!